Infection Control Annual Statement
This annual statement will be generated each year. It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken and changes in practice as required.
- Details of infection control risk assessments undertaken.
- Details of staff training.
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines
Empingham Medical Centre has two leads for Infection, Prevention and Control, our Nurse Practitioner, Julie Hunt, Clinical lead and our Patient Services Manager, Claire Forster, Environmental lead.
Julie and Claire keep updated on infection control matters and share necessary information with the wider healthcare team. They also provide a link between the practice and the East Leicestershire & Rutland Clinical Commissioning Group lead for infection control.
An annual infection control audit is undertaken by Julie & Clare. The last audit was in February 2019; from these results, action plans are then generated and acted upon.
All new staff have infection control training as part of their induction on joining the surgery. Annual update training for all staff is also undertaken.
All staff continually strive to ensure that Empingham Medical Centre acts and complies with current infection control policies and current legislation.
Julie Hunt/Claire Forster