Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses who give much-needed practical and emotional support to family carers, as well as the person with dementia. Admiral Nurses can support you and your family throughout your experience of dementia, tailoring the support to your individual needs and challenges. You will be given the knowledge you need to understand the condition and its effects, the skills and tools to improve communication, and provided with emotional and psychological support to help you carry on your caring role.
The service will be available to people living in Rutland who have dementia, and their carers, family members and friends.
The service will:
- Work with family carers as their prime focus
- Provide practical advice, emotional support, information and skills
- Promote best practice in person centered dementia care
- Provide supportive education to professionals working with people with dementia
- One to one emotional support for carers
- Carer training workshops (4 week programme)
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Angela Moore
- Contact Position
- Admiral Nurse Clinical Lead
- 01572 758341
Helpline 0800 888 6678
- A Guide to Dementia Services can be downloaded here.